Wednesday, June 11, 2008

What I'd recommend


If you're looking for a good place to begin with this challenge...I'd recommend the following to get you started.

You really must give Stephenie Meyer a try. Twilight is the first in the series. I won't lie. Not every single reader falls head-over-heels in love with it. Some are really really really enthusiastic about it. Some love it. Some just like it. And a few really don't get what the buzz is all about. But give her a chance, you might just find something you love!

I'd also say that Sarah Dessen is a must read. I've read all but one of her novels, and I've never ever been disappointed. Every fan has their favorite Dessen book. Personally, I loved The Truth About Forever the best of all. But other fans would swear by other titles. Lock & Key. Keeping the Moon. Just Listen. That Summer. Someone Like You. Dreamland.

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld is another fun choice. Like Twilight, it has some rather vocal and enthusiastic fans. It is the first in a trilogy.

Elizabeth Scott is a newer author, her first book was released in 2007, but already she is one of my favorites. Bloom, Perfect You, and Stealing Heaven would be good choices as well. I've read the first two. Stealing Heaven will be one of my choices for the challenge.

Angus, Thongs, and Full Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison. If you're looking for the twinkie of romance novels, look no further. This book is fun and flirty. Light and frothy, yes, but oh-so-fun.

If you're looking for a little fantasy to add into the mix, then read Shannon Hale. She's a definite must read. I'm not saying you'll necessary love love love her as much as I have. But you just might.

If you'd like I can post some reviews ahead of schedule so you'd get a feel for the books and authors.

1 comment:

alisonwonderland said...

becky: i just stumbled upon this challenge tonight. i guess i missed it because i've been trying to avoid signing up for any new challenges. but i really am intrigued by this one! (since i love this genre anyway, if i'm in a challenge then i "have to" read it!) is it too late to join in the fun?

alisonwonderlandUT AT gmail DOT com